Iwona Masalska

Talking with a stranger

Last week at my English school, some foreign people came into our classroom and talked to us. The person who talked to my team was a 38 year old woman, whose name was Joanna. She told us that she came to Greece on Tuesday and it was her first visit to Greece. She is from Poland and she is an English teacher.
She likes reading and has more than 1000 books in her house. She’s also trying to learn Greek. Her favorite color is deep blue.
I learnt many things from her and I really enjoyed her visit. Joanna is a very cheerful person and she really likes people so we had a very good time.

Nicky Papanikolaou

Meeting new people

….my team talked to Joanna from Poland. She was very friendly and she laughed a lot…… We discussed a lot of things so I wasn’t bored at all…… I enjoyed this visit because we have the chance to meet new people from other countries and cultures.

Sotiris Zaimis

….I enjoyed our little chat because we not only learned a lot about Joanna but her country too. She was so kind to us and she liked talking about herself something that broke the ice between us very quickly. Also her attitude gave us a boost to ask her more and more questions……….We learned that Poland is famous for its VODKA. Furthermore, people swim in the lake because they don’t have an ocean……………..

Nick Theocharopoulos

No comments:

Post a Comment