Oliver Twist



On the 20th of March 2011, the play Oliver Twist was presented at the Papaharalampeios Hall of Nafpaktos. I was one of the children who were part of the cast and I am very happy that I participated.



When Mr. Themis Vlachos, the director, told me that I would play the part of Mrs. Bumble the wife of the owner of the orphange, I was very excited. The role of Mrs. Bumble was quite a challenge for me as I had to be a very mean person, showing no mercy, who liked to see the orphans being punished by her and her husband. She had the authority of being mean to the kids and the guards, but she was subservient to her husband.



During the rehearsals, I managed to get in touch with another part of myself, see my abilities and skills and tried to do my best to outdo myself. With the guidance of our coach and our director, we finally presented a very good play and received the love, support and the excitement of the audience. The time passed quickly-in my opinion- which made me kind of sad. We spent our time laughing, having fun and managed to improve our language skills and get to know children of our age.



To conclude, I had a good time during the rehearsals and I am pleased that we managed to entertain the audience and have fun at the same time. I would like to thank Miss Hara, Mrs. Roula, our coach Mr. George, and our director Mr. Themis as well as all the teachers who helped spend their time and our time creatively by not only giving us a script and a part. I believe that none of this would have happened if they hadn't encouraged us to put on this play. I hope I will hav e the chance to be part of the next theatrical play too.



By Irene Kakoniko

2 comments:

  1. WHAT A FANTASTIC DESCRIPTION OF THE REAL MEANING OF PARTICIPATING IN A THEATRICAL GROUP!

    ReplyDelete